Okay, here they are:
1. Blueberries- one of the healthiest fruits, packed full of nutrients (ellagic acid, beta-carotene, etc.)
2. Cherries- packed with anthocyanins, an antioxidant that may help protect blood vessels.
3. Kosher Salt- the larger crystals may give a saltier flavor with less actual salt/sodium than table salt.
4. Cayenne Chili Pepper- May help prevent a spike in insulin levels after meal.
5. Coffee- A recent study suggested 3-4 cups coffee or tea/day may cut risk of Type 2 diabetes.
6. Sterols/Stanol filled Foods- May block cholesterol absorption in the cut & help lower LDL levels.
7. Low-Fat Yogurt- Has twice as many important minerals like calcium and potassium as milk.
8. Flaxseed- has 3 elements protecting your heart: fiber, phytochemicals called lignans & ALA, an omega 3 Fatty Acids.
9. Oatmeal- fills the stomach for hours, fights snack attacks and helps keep glucose levels stable over time.
10. Barley- a whole grain, whose fiber may lower blood glucose levels.
11. Carrots- may help fight high cholesterol with their high soluble fiber amount; may help control glucose.
12. Swiss chard- rich in potassium and magnesium and other nutrients, which may help control blood pressure.
13. Oranges- contain cholesterol-fighting fiber pectin as well as potassium, which help control blood pressure.
14. Sweet Potatoes- have ample fiber, vitamin A and lycopene making them heart healthy.
15. Tofu- a great sub for many meats, and full of heart-healthy minerals, fiber and polyunsaturated fats of soy.
16. Edamame- a half cup of edamame has 9 gm fiber—equal to four slices of whole-wheat bread.
17. Almonds- full of vitamin E, plant sterols, fiber and heart-healthy fat.
18. Walnuts- may help lower your cholesterol and reduce inflammation in the arteries of the heart.
19. Extra-Virgin Olive Oil- when it replaces saturated fat, it may help lower cholesterol levels.
20. Tuna- a good source of heart-healthy omega 3S.
21. Salmon- rich in omega-3s EPA & DHA, lowering risk of rhythm disorders, which can lead to sudden cardiac death.
22. Red Wine- contains resveratrol & catechins, two antioxidants which may protect artery walls.
23. Black Beans- high fiber & contain nutrients like folate, antioxidants and magnesium, lowering blood pressure.
24. Fresh Herbs- beneficial when replacing salt, fat to flavor.