Hot Peppers have an active photochemical called Capsaicin. This is the active compound in hot peppers that gives the peppers their spiciness. Capsaicin has been shown to have the following health benefits.
- Reduce LDL and VLDL Cholesterol
- Lower Triglyceride levels
- Prevents Oxidative Stress
- Increase intestinal blood flow
- Decrease visceral adipose tissue
- Pain Reliever
The more heat a pepper has the more Capsaicin it has.
Drink milk to relive the pain after eating spicy food instead of water because Capsaicin is a non polar molecule so it will dissolve in fat molecules, which milk contains and water does not.